In March 2014, the hugely popular Max’s protein range was completely revamped as part of their ‘Back in Black’ campaign. All your favourite products – whether a weight gainer, lean protein, WPI or whey blend has been reformulated and repackaged. No longer do Max’s proteins come in the black plastic tubs they’ve been known for using for many years – they’re now all in boxes similar to the Supershred and Superwhey products. Not only has the packaging undergone extensive redesign, but most of the products have too – and we think they’re going to be more popular than ever.
Max’s Hydroload is the new version of Reload HGF – a hydrolysed whey protein isolate supplement designed to deliver amino acids to hungry muscles in the absolute shortest time possible. Hydroload is a blend of hydrolysed whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate (two extremely pure protein sources), as well as specific amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Hydroload is quite possibly the best protein you can take post-workout.
Max’s Hydroload Key Ingredients
- High DH Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate – High DH stands for High Degree of Hydrolysis, meaning that the protein bonds have been highly ‘pre-digested’ into forms that are easily absorbable within the body. Hydrolysed whey protein is the fastest-digesting protein source you can find, and ideal for post-workout when your muscles need those amino acids immediately.
- High Leucine Whey Protein Isolate – In a 50/50 ratio with the hydrolysed protein, Max’s has included its’ new signature HL Whey Protein Isolate (as found in Max’s WPI-HL). This is a high-leucine whey isolate, which is great for helping the body grow muscle via insulin and mTOR signalling.
- Amino Acids – Added to the mix is a blend of four specific amino acids – leucine, isoleucine, valine and glutamine. These are arguably the four most important amino acids you can take in, and are responsible for signalling muscle growth, boosting recovery, enhancing stamina and a whole range of other jobs.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Max’s Hydroload is rounded out with a nice blend of vitamins and minerals, including particularly important ones for active individuals such as potassium, magnesium, vitamins C, B6 and B12.
Max’s Hydroload Flavours & Sizes
Max’s Hydroload comes in two sizes – 1kg and 2.2kg, and in Banana Cream and Rich Chocolate flavours.
Max’s Hydroload Dosage
Much like the WPI-HL, Hydroload contains over 90% protein, delivering 27g of protein per 30g scoop. Once again, this is an excellent protein percentage, providing a massive dose of amino acids which help fuel growth immediately. Take Hydroload immediately after training – 1-2 scoops should do the trick for almost everyone.
Why we like Max’s Hydroload
- Two nice flavours
- Blend of hydrolysed whey and high-leucine WPI
- Over 90% protein
Max’s new Hydroload is a highly potent and highly pure post-workout protein powder. It’s designed to fuel immediate muscle growth and recovery, and should be taken as soon as possible after a workout to allow the 90% protein, the added amino acids and vitamins and minerals to do their job. Like Reload HGF, Max’s Hydroload is going to be a big hit.
Click here to read our Disclaimer