Pharmafreak, much like many other supplement companies, promises to use cutting edge research and strict quality control standards to create the world’s strongest supplements. Unlike many other supplement companies, however, their ingredient formulas tend to be very simple and very effective.
Pharmafreak’s ‘hybrid pre-workout’ is Super Freak - a blend of anti-fatigue, pump, strength, cognitive, antioxidant and absorption blends. Unlike the common creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline blend, Super Freak combines several novel ingredients such as citocholine and peppermint oil – ones that we don’t often see in pre-workout supplements, but that can have great effects on your performance. Whether or not Super Freak is right for you, it highly depends on which compounds you best react to – it’s a matter of personal preference. Either way, we like the difference Super Freak offers compared to products like Cellucor C4 Extreme and ANS Ritual, for example.
Pharmafreak Super Freak Key Ingredients
- Muscular Strength & Anti-Fatigue Complex – The first blend in Super Freak combines betaine anhydrous, Siberian ginseng root and peppermint oil. These work together to ensure you’re at your peak strength and endurance-wise. We particularly like betaine as a pre-workout ingredient – several studies have shown great effectiveness on strength, endurance and power.
- Cognitive Focus & Anti-Stress Support Complex – Next up is a combination of l-tyrosine and rhodiola – two fairly common ingredients that are also effective pre-workout compounds. Tyrosine is ideal for improving focus and mental performance, while rhodiola is an adaptogen – reducing cortisol and reducing the negative effects of stress on your body.
- Mind & Muscle Stimulant Complex – The bulk of the stimulants in Super Freak are found in this blend, which includes caffeine anhydrous, choline bitartate, olive leaf and citicoline. The combination of citicoline and choline bitartate is an excellent inclusion for a pre-workout – they are both potent memory, focus and mental energy enhancers.
- Muscle Pump & Antioxidant Recovery Complex – A blend of agmatine sulfate and astaxanthin make up this blend in Super Freak, helping to improve bloodflow to muscles and to boost overall recovery.
- AstraGin – AstraGin is a patented absorption complex which allows the maximum amounts of the other compounds in Super Freak to be absorbed by the body.
Pharmafreak Super Freak Flavours & Sizes
Super Freak comes in a 205g tub, in Fruit Punch and Raspberry Lemonade flavours.
Pharmafreak Super Freak Dosage
Super Freak effectively has 20 full serves, although it does outline a ½ scoop serving size on the label. The full scoop is the ideal dose for most of the ingredients, including 2.5g betaine and 2.5g tyrosine, although the majority of ingredient doses aren’t disclosed. A full 10.2g serving size seems to be about right for the ingredients included, several of which are only required at fractions of a gram for effective dosing. One full scoop of Super Freak should be enough for most people to get a nice kick.
Pharmafreak Super Freak Features
- Comprehensive formula
- 20 true serves per tub
- High level mental focus and support ingredients
Pharmafreak Super Freak is one of the better neuro-enhancing pre-workouts on the market, but delivers a nice blend of pump, endurance, muscle and stamina ingredients as well. A 10.2g serve will hit most people pretty hard, not so much in a ‘speedy’ stimulant sense, but more an intense drive and focus to crush it in the gym.
Click here to read our Disclaimer