The new Cellucor G4 Series is one of the hottest supplement releases in recent history. Featuring signature Cellucor packaging, intelligent product formulations and world-class flavours, Cellucor continues to lead the way with nutritional supplements. The G4 Series features reformulated versions of product favourites like Alpha Amino and Super HD, as well as several new products, including a whole range of C4 pre-workout supplements.
While we’re still waiting on the new G4 series to land in Australia, we’re getting nutritional panels and product descriptions constantly, so why not review what looks to be one of the best new supplements in the pre-workout category of 2015?
Cellucor C4 50x promises to deliver 50% more in each serve, and the 405g tub packed with hefty doses of your favourite pre-workout ingredients is testament to that. With only a few powerful ingredients, C4 50x isn’t trying to wow you with fancy-sounding compounds, but instead hit you with efficacious ingredients at proven doses. Let’s see what’s inside:
Cellucor C4 50x Key Ingredients
- Beta-Alanine – First up on the C4 50x label is beta-alanine, a staple in the pre-workout world. Beta-alanine buffers lactic acid production, extending the time under stress before lactic acid takes over and ends your performance. This extra stamina helps you perform for longer, resulting in more stress to the muscles, and theoretically better adaptation to stress (eg muscle, strength or endurance gains).
- Creatine Nitrate – One of the most exciting new creatine compounds is creatine nitrate – a specifically-bonded creatine form that increases nitric oxide production, bloodflow and creatine uptake. The result is a better absorbed creatine, with less of the stomach-upsetting and bloating effects that some users report from monohydrate.
- Arginine AKG – Another staple in the pre-workout world, AAKG has been used for many years as a nitric oxide enhancer, although more recently it’s been shown to improve growth hormone production – another excellent side effect for anyone trying to gain size and strength.
- C4 50x Explosion Blend – This blend combines n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, caffeine anhydrous, velvet bean extract, Xcelicor (caffeine pterostilbene cocrystal) and TeaCor (theacrine). The first few ingredients are common to most people – some excellent energy and focus enhancers. The last two ingredients, however, are quite unique – we haven’t seen them anywhere else. Xcelicor is a caffeine/pterostilbene combination, which delivers more caffeine to the bloodstream, and keeps the caffeine in the bloodstream at approximately 50% higher levels for 6 hours. The result? Longer, smoother energy release, with no crash. This, for us, is the most exciting ingredient in the new C4 50x blend.
Cellucor C4 50x Flavours & Sizes
So far, we know of two flavours in the new C4 50x – Fruit Punch and Icy Blue Razz, although Cellucor often releases more flavours as the product gets attention. C4 50x comes in a 405g container – 45 serves.
Cellucor C4 50x Dosage
Another key feature of the new C4 50x is the ingredient doses – with 50% more of the key ingredients in each serve. You’ll find 2.4g beta-alanine, 1.5g creatine nitrate, 1.5g AAKG and 557mg Explosion Blend in each 9g serve of C4 50x, as well as some B and C vitamins. These doses are quite good, especially of the energy blend, and even the hardcore users who will increase their serving sizes won’t need to bump them up much to hit the upper limit of the stimulants.
Cellucor C4 50x Features
- Xcelicor and Teacor – two novel and powerful ingredients
- 50% higher doses of most key ingredients (as compared to C4 Extreme)
- 45 full serves per tub
We can’t wait to scoop this stuff into our shakers. Cellucor has definitely hit the mark with the new C4 50x, and we hope that the workouts we get off this new C4 variation will be as good as the ingredient panel is promising it will be.
Click here to read our Disclaimer