Hey guys! So I wanted to share with you a new favourite recipe of mine that is perfect for those of you who have a super sweet tooth like me! The video version of this recipe is available on the Protein King YouTube channel sooo, go watch me bake some stuff!
Quest Cinnamon Roll “Cheesecake” Cups
Ingredients: (Makes 2 cups)
• 1 Cinnamon Roll Quest bar (you can basically use any flavour you like but I chose this one because the taste resembles a “cheesecake” a bit more than any of the other flavours would)
• *40g 0% fat Chobani Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (Celsius)
2. Microwave quest bar for about 5 – 7 seconds
3. Cut the quest bar in half and press into a cupcake mould
4. Bake for 5 – 6 minutes, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn, after about 3 or 4 minutes, the edges will start to darken, don’t stress, it’s all good.
5. Remove from the oven and pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes so they can cool down, harden up and become crunchy.
6. Once they’ve cooled down, remove them from the mould and spoon the yogurt into the cups (I used 20g of yogurt per cup) and sprinkle with cinnamon!
** I recommend using a silicone cupcake mold as it’s a ton easier to actually get the quest cup out of once it’s cooled down. I’m not 100% sure if you will be able to get it out of a normal cupcake tray.
Macros for the entire recipe: 194 calories, 6g fat, 26g carbs (17g fibre, 2.5g sugar) and 24g protein.
Additional topping ideas:
- Peanut butter or PB2
- Cream/cottage cheese (more “cheesecakey”)
- Chocolate (for you sneaky chocolate lovers)
- Protein powder (mix with the yogurt)
Click here to read our Disclaimer