Dymatize Nutrition boasts the biggest range and the best value of any of the major supplement companies worldwide, and has gained a huge following. With less of a focus on expensive advertising and sponsored athletes, and a greater focus on product development, Dymatize's popularity will only continue to grow.
Elite Mass is the flagship weight gainer of the Dymatize range, and lists an impressive selection of ingredients designed to increase the user's lean body weight, minimising fat gain and improving strength output. With a 7:5 carbohydrate:protein ratio, it's not one of the most calorie-dense weight gainers on the market, meaning that you will not gain as much fat as with other products. Perfect for anyone wanting size with minimal fat.
- Protein Matrix - Elite Mass's protein mix is one of the better ones in the weight-gainer department, with a variety of protein sources as well as BCAA's and glutamine added to the mix. The 55 grams of protein per serve is made up of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, milk protein, calcium caseinate, egg protein and the amino acids, which give a nice varied rate of digestion.
- Complex Carbohydrate Matrix - One of the best features of Elite Mass is the carbohydrate sources used in the mix. Rather than just dextrose or waxy maize, Elite Mass combines the faster digesting source of maltodextrin, with slower release sources waxy maize and oat powder for a quick and sustained release of energy.
- Anabolic Lipid Complex - Fats are always an important part of a healthy diet, and are an excellent source of calories for anyone looking to add bodyweight. Elite Mass provides 6g of fat per serve from six different fat sources: sunflower oil, medium chain triglycerides, flax seed oil, borage oil, CLA and evening primrose oil. Once again, a blend of ingredients ensures better digestion, absorption and insulin response.
- Creatine Fusion - A blend of creatine monohydrate and Kre-Alkalyn will help increase strength, power output, recovery and endurance, and is an excellent addition to any weight gainer.
- Vitamin & Mineral Blend - Adequate vitamins and minerals are essential to ensure the body runs smoothly and is able to perform its tasks. When any vitamin or mineral is lacking, muscle functions and energy production are two of the first functions the body can't perform. Elite Mass provides a great blend of 18 vitamins and minerals.
Flavours & Sizes
Dymatize Elite Mass is available in a 4.55kg box, which equates to around 30 serves. It's available in a range of flavours including Banana Cream, Cookies & Cream, Double Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream and Vanilla Milk Shake.
Each serve of Elite Mass provides 600 calories, which is a good amount for one single meal. With 5 or so meals per day of this size, you can look to hit a target of 3000 calories fairly easily. Of those 600 calories, there is 77g of carbs, 55g of protein and 6g of fat, which is an excellent ratio of macronutrients for growth. Each box provides 30 servings, which is a month supply at one shake per day.
Dymatize always offers the best value supplements in the industry, and Elite Mass is again one of those supplements. Many weight gainers are $5 or more per serve, and are high in cheap ingredients such as dextrose. At around $3.30 a serve, and with a good blend of ingredients, Elite Mass is one of the better priced weight-gainers you will find.
If you're looking to gain as much size as possible, you'll probably want to go for Super Mass Gainer rather than Elite Mass. But for a steady weight gainer, with an excellent carb to protein ratio and at 600 calories per serve, Dymatize Elite Mass should be the first choice for anyone looking to pack on size and strength steadily and with minimal fat gain.
Click here to read our Disclaimer