Following an ultra-low carbohydrate diet can be extremely difficult. Most people fail because they have to give up the foods they love. This protein ice cream however, is a great way to enjoy your favourite dessert without worrying about the added carbohydrates and sugar.
Best of all, each serve has 19g of protein, and is high in tasty fat so you can keep up with your ultra-low carb diet and still enjoy some dessert! I love the International Protein Turkish Delight protein powder, however this recipe can be substituted for any other flavour simply by switching the WPI.
- 400ml Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- 90g International Protein Amino Charged Whey Protein Isolate Turkish Delight Flavour
- 5 large Egg Yolks
- 5g Erythritol or Xylitol Sweetener
- 10ml Rosewater Essence
- In a medium saucepan, mix coconut milk and thickened cream together and place on medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetener together until slightly thicker and eggs lighten in colour.
- Slowly pour half of the cream mixture into the egg mixture, stirring constantly, and then return the entire mixture back into the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to stir mixture until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour into a clean bowl.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature. Be sure to stir it regularly to stop a skin from forming.
- Add rosewater essence and WPI to the mixture, making sure to combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Substitute with any WPI flavour that you prefer.
Makes 1.2L/ 6 Serves
Per 200ml Serve
Calories - 540
Fat - 49.7g
Carbohydrates - 4.9g
Protein - 19g
Click here to read our Disclaimer