In March 2014, the hugely popular Max’s protein range was completely revamped as part of their ‘Back in Black’ campaign. All your favourite products – whether a weight gainer, lean protein, WPI or whey blend has been reformulated and repackaged. No longer do Max’s proteins come in the black plastic tubs they’ve been known for using for many years – they’re now all in boxes similar to the Supershred and Superwhey products. Not only has the packaging undergone extensive redesign, but most of the products have too – and we think they’re going to be more popular than ever.
Max’s Nitetime is a popular pre-bedtime protein supplement that helps to get you into deeper sleep faster, boosting growth hormone output and building muscle more effectively. As an integral part of effective supplementation, casein and other slow-release proteins are ideally taken before bed, so that your muscle can be continuously fed while you are asleep.
Max’s Nitetime Key Ingredients
- Micellar Casein – Micellar casein is a milk-source protein that is extremely slow-digesting, often taking 6 hours or longer to fully absorb within the body. The benefit of this is that if you’re going for long periods of time without eating, your body doesn’t need to source amino acids from your muscle tissue – it is being continuously fed by the protein.
- Whey Protein Concentrate – A high quality whey source, whey concentrate digests in around two hours, giving you a nice release of amino acids over a short period of time to help put you into an anabolic state. Whey concentrate is naturally high in BCAA’s, which are essential for muscle growth.
- Calcium Caseinate – Another slow-release casein protein, calcium caseinate does a similar job to micellar casein – consistently releasing amino acids into your bloodstream over a longer period of time.
- Skullcap & Chamomile – These two herbs are widely used, particularly in teas, to help reduce anxiety, promote calmness and help you reach a deeper sleep.
Max’s Nitetime Flavours & Sizes
The new Max’s Nitetime now comes in a 1kg and 2.2kg box, in Chocolate Mousse and a new Vanilla Malt flavour.
Max’s Nitetime Dosage
Each serve of Max’s Nitetime is 30g, which provides 24.5g of protein, 2g of carbs and 0.8g of fat. This is an extremely lean protein powder (like most of the Max’s proteins), and is perfect for any diet. Take a serve of Max’s Nitetime GH prior to going to bed for best results.
Why we like Max’s Nitetime
- Varied protein digestion rates
- Added calming herbs, amino acids, vitamins and minerals
- New flavours and sizes
There isn’t too much different in the new Max’s Nitetime, but it still remains an excellent option for optimising your supplementation. Bred to be the perfect pre-bedtime supplement, Nitetime not only delivers a solid protein hit, but also a number of herbs and amino acids to ensure that you get to restful sleep quickly, and stay there for as long as possible.
Click here to read our Disclaimer