Platinum Labs is an up-and-coming supplement brand based in Australia, with supplements manufactured in the USA. Platinum Labs has gained quite a following in a short space of time, and currently boasts two of the best-selling products on the Australian market – Defcon1 and Optiburn. With ever-growing popularity, Platinum Labs are sure to release more to feed the needs of hungry gym-goers.
Defcon1 is the new ‘thermonuclear’ pre-workout powder (don’t worry, your hair won’t fall out from taking it), designed to put you in the highest state of alert, strength and performance possible. Defcon1 features an array of ingredients that help stimulate mental focus, strength, pumps and mood, to ensure you train at your peak.
Defcon1 Key Ingredients
- CDP Choline – This ingredient is one we haven’t seen in pre-workouts thus far, and is a psychostimulant/nootropic ingredient that works to increase the densities of dopamine receptors within the brain. The result of this is much improved mental focus and clarity; increasing cell signalling within the brain, as well as bloodflow and reduced oxidative stress.
- L-Dopa – Another powerful mental-focus ingredient is l-dopa, which is a precursor to dopamine, norepinephrine and noradrenaline. L-dopa is made from the amino acid tyrosine, and is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, meaning that it increases concentrations of chemicals within the brain. For a preworkout, this means increased mental clarity, focus and cognition.
- Trimethylglycine (TMG) – TMG is an ingredient naturally found in various plants such as quinoa, spinach and beets, and is part of the chemical group betaine. Betaine has been shown to be a potent booster to athletic performance, with studies suggesting that betaine supplementation boosts strength, endurance, sense of well-being and protects muscle cells against damage.
Defcon1 Flavours & Sizes
Defcon1 is available in a 225g container (30 serves), in Pineapple and Watermelon flavours.
Each serve of Defcon1 contains 6.21g of the proprietary blend, and of that, we know that 750mg is creatine hcl, 250mg is CDP choline and 1000mg is beta-alanine. This leaves 4.21g of the blend for the other ingredients, many of which only require minute doses (B vitamins and PEA for instance). While we don’t know the exact doses of ingredients such as l-dopa and caffeine, all reports suggest that this is quite a powerful preworkout, and one scoop should be plenty for most people. Follow the directions.
Why we like Defcon1
- Probably the most brain-focused pre-workout supplement on the market.
- 30 strong serves in each container.
- Supports strength, stamina, mental performance and energy levels.
Platinum Labs has hit the Australian market hard with two powerful and popular supplements. Defcon1 is sure to follow in the footsteps of Optiburn as one of the most potent athletic supplements out there, enhancing mental focus and cognition to a degree we haven’t seen in any other product.
Click here to read our Disclaimer