Rich Piana is one of the most iconic bodybuilders of the current generation – his boss attitude, massive 300lb + frame, multitude of tattoos and brutally honest YouTube videos have drawn him a huge fan base around the world. He has spoken out against supplement companies taking advantage of naïve (and particularly young) aspiring bodybuilders, and that’s why he markets his new supplement line 5% Nutrition as only an adjunct to real food, intelligent training and rest. He even goes as far to say that if anyone wants to gain size or get lean, they shouldn’t use 5% Nutrition, unless all the other bases are well covered. It may not be great for sales, but it certainly makes people respect Rich Piana’s message.
Kill It is 5% Nutrition’s pre-training supplement, designed to help you (you guessed it) kill it in the gym. Rather than just a high-stim preworkout, Kill It combines energy, pump, stamina, strength and focus-boosters in a powerful 30-serve tub.
5% Nutrition Kill It Key Ingredients
- Agmatine Sulfate – Agmatine is a staple pump enhancer in current pre and intra-workouts for good reason – it’s one of the best nitric oxide boosters out there. Elevated NO levels mean more bloodflow to muscles – giving you that tighter-skinned appearance and better nutrient delivery to muscles.
- Citrulline Malate – Another important pump igniter, citrulline malate also helps boost strength and recovery levels.
- Magnesium Creatine Chelate – This bonded form of magnesium and creatine is well-absorbed by the body, meaning you need to take less for the same positive benefits and less of the negative symptoms.
- Caffeine – The most important ingredient for a strong workout is arguably caffeine. This wonder drug helps your mental and physical focus, increases your power output, and accelerates your metabolic rate.
5% Nutrition Kill It Flavours & Sizes
Kill It comes in a 30-serve tub, in Blue Raspberry, Fruit Punch, Lemon Lime and Mango Pineapple flavours.
5% Nutrition Kill It Dosage
We love Piana’s no-BS approach to bodybuilding, and his supplement range is no different – we have a clearly-defined ingredient breakdown of Kill It, and it’s quite respectable. Each 10.3g serve delivers 1.5g creatine blend (400mg magnesium creatine chelate), 3g citrulline malate, 750mg agmatine sulfate, 100mg norvalline, 250mg caffeine and 400mg n-acetyl l-tyrosine, along with a few other ingredients. These numbers are quite good, and one scoop should do it for most people, especially with a 250mg caffeine hit.
Why we like 5% Nutrition Kill It
- Blend of pump, focus, energy, strength and stamina ingredients
- 30 full serves
- Almost 90% active ingredients
The Bottom Line
Rich Piana’s 5% Nutrition features some well-thought-out products at precise doses, designed to do exactly what the label says they will. Kill It is a great example of this – every ingredient is included for a specific reason and at a specific dose – to ensure that you make the most of each workout and ‘kill it’ in the gym.