What Kinds of Women's Supplements are Available?
There are many supplements specifically formulated for women, just as there are for men. These include protein powders, fat burners and meal replacements. Brands such as Ladybird and Vital Strength have lines of products tailored to the specific needs of women undergoing athletic training, and are designed to help manage weight, burn fat, and develop muscle tone. Precise formulations of ingredients such as protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals are developed to meet the needs of the female cardiovascular or weight trainer.
Why do I Need a Protein Supplement?
Adequate consumption of protein is essential for men and women for a number of reasons, such as:
* Supporting immune system function
* Repairing muscle tissue damaged during exercise
* Red blood cell production
* Boosting metabolism
* Hair, skin and nail health
Often, women's diets are lacking enough protein to support all these functions. This is where a protein supplement can help. Also, it can be difficult to consume enough dietary protein through eating. Liquid protein shakes are often a good option in these cases.
Why do I Need a Fat-Burning Supplement?
Fat burning supplements, like protein powders, can be a great benefit to women undertaking cardiovascular or weight training. They can assist in boosting energy levels, suppressing appetite, aiding recovery and utilising bodyfat for energy. Some popular ingredients in these products include:
* L-Carnitine - allows the body to oxidise fat stores for energy, as well as increasing energy levels, delaying muscle fatigue and assisting muscle toning.
* Caffeine - increases the body's temperature, speeding up the body's metabolism, allowing it to burn more calories. It also increases training intensity, which allows for longer or more powerful workouts. It also helps the body utilise stored fat as energy, and improves concentration levels and mental focus.
* Green Tea Extract - helps break down the body's fat stores and increase energy expenditure.
* Brindleberry - aids appetite suppression and weight management.
Will I Bulk-up Using Protein Supplements?
In short, no. Men's and women's bodies respond to weight training and supplementation very differently. Whereas males are able to increase muscle mass fairly easily through weight training and a surplus of calories, the lack of certain key hormones such as testosterone in the female body don't allow this to happen.
If your after the Best Womens Protein Supplement or Best Womens Meal Replacement Supplement, Protein King Recommends...
1) Ladybird Figure Tone - very high in protein, low in carbs and with added fat burning ingredients. An all-in-one product.
2) Vital Strength Define - also high in protein and low in carbs, with added vitamins and minerals, and fat burners.
3) Body Science BODY Shaping Protein for Women - another all-in-one product, and with added antioxidants and omega 3, 6 and 9.
If your after the Best Womens Fat Burning Supplement, Protein King Recommends...
1) Vital Strength Hydroxy Liquid Lean - contains a number of different fat-burning ingredients to help achieve maximal fat loss.
2) Ladybird Metabolise - designed to assist weight management, fatty acid transportation and liver function.
3) Musashi SLM Pre Workout Fat Metaboliser - with 2g of L-carnitine per serve, it will help utilise the body's fat stores for energy in workouts.
Click here to read our Disclaimer