Redcon1 is one of Australia’s fastest-growing brands, already being a huge hit in the United States and abroad. With a military flavour and hardcore reputation, products like Total War have become world-leading supplements, allowing the R&D team at Redcon1 to start creating some exciting and unique products, such as MRE, Double Tap and MRE Bars. But it’s Total War that started it all, and that leads the Redcon1 brand going forward.
Total War is a high-strength pre-workout supplement, known for its’ unrivalled energy-boosting capabilities thanks largely to DMHA in past versions. But there’s a new international version of Total War – you’ll find the same ingredients panel on all tubs worldwide – and it’s strong enough to rival any previous version. Add to that some excellent pump, stamina and power-boosting ingredients at research-valid doses, a whole bunch of great flavours, and you have a seriously good pre-workout supplement in the new Redcon1 Total War.
Redcon1 Total War Key Ingredients
- Citrulline Malate (6g) – One of the most effective pump ingredients available today is citrulline, sometimes delivered in l-citrulline form, but more commonly in citrulline malate form, like you’ll find in Total War. It works to increase bloodflow to working muscles, giving you a fullness that would make Arnold blush.
- Beta Alanine (3.2g) – We all know about beta-alanine by now – stamina, endurance, less muscle soreness. Why 3.2 grams per serve? That’s the research-valid dose. We like.
- Beet Root Extract (1g) – Another great pump ingredient – beet root helps to increase nitric oxide production, which dilates blood vessels and delivers more bloodflow.
- Taurine (1g) – Taurine is another common amino acid found in supplements, thanks to its’ ability to increase bloodflow and increase exercise capacity.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (250mg) – This is where the fun begins. Caffeine is great for anyone who wants to maximise their athletic performance or boost their metabolism. Studies have shown this time and time again.
- AMPiberry (150mg) – Another stim to make its’ way onto the supplement market, we can’t confirm it 100%, but we think this is the reason the new version of Total War gives you an energy and focus comparable to the banned versions. People are calling it ‘the new DMHA’, and while it remains to be seen how popular this ingredient will end up (or when it will be banned!), so far we like it!
- Di-Caffeine Malate (100mg) – More caffeine? Sure, why not. This version of caffeine is bound to malic acid, providing a longer release period so you don’t get the entire stim hit in one quick shot.
- Cocoteanol (50mg) – A blend of cacao and tea extracts, this ingredient helps to improve blood flow, energy, mood and recovery.
- Naringin 98% (25mg) – Naringin is a grapefruit extract, commonly added to supplements to boost the effects of caffeine and other stimulants.
- Bioperine (10mg) – Bioperine is a black pepper extract proven to enhance amino acid absorption. This means that far less of the active ingredients in Total War (and other products you’ll find Bioperine in) go to waste processes within the body – rather they are absorbed and utilised more effectively.
Overall, Total War provides a comprehensive blend of ingredients for energy, focus, power, strength and stamina. The 13g serving size means that you’re getting a nice dose of each of the ingredients and, take it from us, it will kick your arse.
Redcon1 Total War Flavours and Sizes
The new Total War comes in a 30-serve tub, currently in eight flavours: Sour Gummy Bear, Green Apple, Strawberry Kiwi, Blue Lemonade, Blue Raspberry, Pineapple Juice, Watermelon and Rainbow Candy. There are more flavours on the way from Redcon1, so by the time you read this, there will almost certainly be a couple more offerings!
Redcon1 Total War Dosage
As mentioned above, each serve of Total War is 13g, delivering excellent doses of the key ingredients. Don’t overdo it – there’s 350mg of caffeine, and plenty of other stimulants on top of that (which is why it made our Top Five Strongest Pre Workouts of 2018 list!). One scoop should be enough for anyone.
Why we Like Redcon1 Total War
- Huge flavour range
- Excellent doses
- Strong enough to put up against the banned versions
The Bottom Line
Redcon1 doesn’t skip a beat, with the new Total War being not only one of the strongest, but also one of the best overall pre-workouts on the market today.