It’s been a little while since our last review article, so back by popular demand here is our latest pump formula – Cellucor NO3 Ultimate.
Now, unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve tried a bunch of Cellucor products – most likely one of the C4 versions over the years. They release and re-release supplements so often that it’s hard to keep up with their movements – hey, by the time you read this, NO3 Ultimate might already be replaced by a new version. So let’s get down to business.
You want pumps right? That skin-splitting, tight feeling after the first couple sets of bicep curls that you know is going to get you through the next 45 minutes at the gym? Well, NO3 Ultimate promises ‘A Pump Unlike Any Other’… So let’s see if it can live up to that promise.
- L-Citrulline (4g) – First up, and a must in any pump product, is l-citrulline. Note, it’s not citrulline malate (which is citrulline bound to malic acid), but straight l-citrulline – so you don’t need the 6g-8g that you’d otherwise find in a citrulline malate product. Citrulline has valid research showing that it increases nitric oxide levels, reduces fatigue and increases training volume. Yes please.
- Nitrosigine (1.5g) – This patented ingredient is chemically-known as ‘inositol-stabilized arginine silicate’ – basically a form of the amino acid arginine. Research on this specific ingredient has shown an increase in energy when taken pre-workout, and increase in muscle pumps, and a reduction in muscle damage after workouts. All great qualities in a pre-workout.
- Arginine (1.5g) – Cellucor NO3 Ultimate provides two other forms of arginine – AAKG and arginine nitrate – just to really hammer the pumps home. Arginine levels within the bloodstream increase nitric oxide production, which is what delivers more bloodflow to muscles and that pump sensation. Aside from citrulline supplementation, another good way to ensure arginine levels in the bloodstream are increased is by taking arginine itself.
- Grape Seed Extract (150mg) – More good research supports grape seed extract as a blood flow enhancer, and when adding this to the mix, we can’t see how you won’t get some seriously tight skin.
- Trans-Resveratrol (30mg) – Finally, resveratrol makes its appearance as the last active ingredient in NO3 Ultimate. This is a powerhouse supplement, showing a huge list of benefits for overall health and wellbeing, with improvements in reducing oxidative stress, increasing bloodflow, improving exercise performance and improving insulin sensitivity, just to name a few.
NO3 Ultimate comes in three flavours – Watermelon, Blue Raspberry and Fruit Punch, and in the one 20 serve (210g) size.
Each tub of NO3 Ultimate delivers 20 full serves (10.5g per serve), with clinically-valid doses of each of the key ingredients mentioned above. What does that mean for the average gym junkie? One serve daily pre-workout is all you’d need to maximise muscle fullness and bloodflow, so a tub will last most people a full month.
- Clinically-valid doses
- Comprehensive pump formula
- Stim-free means you can take it anytime, day or night
Cellucor’s NO3 Ultimate is one of the strongest pump formulas on the market currently, with not only respected, brand-name ingredients (Nitrosigine, resVida etc), but clinically-valid doses and three great flavours. For someone who wants a great stim-free pre-workout, this is it.